Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Top 10 List

So I was asked my some non-Musician friends last night, "If I was stranded on a deserted island and could have only 10 albums what would they be." I usually hate these types of questions but I thought I would explore it in this context. I must admit I was disheartened when only one person knew of the #1 album.

Artist, Album, Favorite Song, Favorite Line
1) Joni Mitchell Blue "The Last Time I saw Richard" - "All good dreamers pass this way some day."

2) ADELE 19 "Hometown Glory" - "I like it in the city when two worlds collide...Shows that we ain't gonna stand shit, Shows that we are united, Shows that are ain't gonna take it."

3) Miles Davis Ballads "It Never Entered My Mind"

4) Julia Sarr and Patrice Larose Set Luna "Guem"

5) John Mayer Heavier Things and TRY (I know I'm breaking the rules) "New Deep" - "You know, I used to be the back porch poet with my book of rhymes, Always open knowing all the time I'm probably, Never gonna find the perfect rhyme, For 'heavier things'" from TRY: "Who Did You Think I Was" - "Here is a line that you won't understand, I'm half of a boy, but twice I'm the man"

6) Stephen Sondheim Sweeney Todd or Company (tough choice)

7) Glen Ellyn Children's Chorus Abbondanza "Amazing Grace" or "Te Quiero"

8) Benjamin Britten Friday Afternoons "The Useful Plough"

9) Jason Robert Brown Last 5 Years "Still Hurting" - "Give me a day Jamie, Bring back the lies, Hang them back on the wall"

10) Jai Uttal Dial M for Mantra "Nataraj"


What are your 10?

No comments:

Post a Comment